Thursday, June 4, 2015

"walk with me"

"walk with me" 11.5"x15.5" pastel on Sennelier LaCarte $125

I am really enjoying painting on the Sennelier LaCarte paper. I love the soft edges I can get with the pastel on this paper. There was one piece left in my pack, so I used it. I'm going to have to buy some more! I still had some photos from Gibbs Garden that I wanted to use for paintings. I did some black pen sketches.

my reference photo


my black pen sketch

There is a lot of green in this photo…… and the reflection……. I decided to use my plein air box to paint this. It is filled with Terry Ludwig's plein air landscape set and Marsha Savage"s southeast landscape set(also from Terry Ludwig). I love all the greens Marsha has in her set!

my plein air box

It was a challenge for me to paint this one. I worked on it off and on for a couple days. In order to make the greens work and have some excitement in the painting, I used more reds. The reflection is probably darker than it should be, but I think it is a good entry into the painting. 
So on to my next painting! 



No comments:

Post a Comment