Wednesday, June 10, 2015

my feathered friends

5"x7" pastel on Sennelier LaCarte  $35

I really need to go out and do some plein air painting or at least get out and get some new landscape photos, but I have been busy during the day with other things. I try to paint everyday, so the last 2 nights, I have been in my studio painting birds. It's one of my favorite things to paint. I wish I could say the bird reference photos are mine , but they are from the internet, so I can't claim them. But it gives me good practice with painting the birds.

5"x7" pastel on Sennelier La Carte "wren" sold

I painted this little wren last night and sold it right away when I posted it. So off in the mail it went today.

5"x7" pastel on Sennelier LaCarte  $35

When I work on these bird pastels, I like to get some detail, not too much, but just just enough to suggest. So I pull out out my pastel pencils along with my Terry Ludwig pastels. I think I will be heading to the art store tomorrow to buy some more pastels pencils….. there are some colors I am missing……...


No comments:

Post a Comment