Monday, June 15, 2015

a little bit about me….

"a little piece of me" 8"x10" pastel on Uart  $80

As I try to get myself noticed out there in the art world, I need to write a bio and an artist statement. It amazes me how hard this is for me to do.  It's all about WHY I do what I do. I worked on the bio last night and thought I would test it out here on my blog, so comments are welcome.

I grew up in Newtown, Connecticut and attended college at Chamberlayne Jr College and Massachusetts College of Art and Design in Boston, graduating in 1978 with a B.F.A. majoring in painting. My work career was in floral design and retail. After getting married and raising two children, I now live in Marietta, Georgia. Trained in the fine arts, I had the opportunity to experience many of the fine arts - drawing, painting, printmaking, sculpture, photography and all the different mediums. I love it all, but painting has always been my focus. Starting with oils in college, later on working in watercolor, I am now currently working with pastels. What is wonderful about these three mediums, is that you can combine them, using the thinned oil paint and watercolor as under paintings for the pastel! I am nature inspired, so most of my images come from nature ( ex. birds, flowers, landscapes). I sell my work privately and through local art shows.


Here is my watercolor underpainting for my Connecticut landscape


No comments:

Post a Comment