Saturday, June 6, 2015

"pretty in pink"

"pretty in pink" 12"x14" pastel on Uart 500  $100

It's late….. I've been in my studio painting..... Wishing I had gone to the IAPS convention in New Mexico........Playing Pandora (Mumford and Sons Radio) and the time has just flown by! On one of my recent walks with my siberian Husky, Kobi,  I saw some beautiful oak leaf hydrangeas in  my neighbors garden. Usually the flowers are white, but these were pink! and so "pretty in pink"



I took several photos, they were just perfect. Yesterday I pulled out a piece of Uart and just went straight to drawing a quick sketch.

 
I didn't want to think too much about it, I just wanted to get down on paper what I had in my head. Then I pulled out my watercolors and did an underpainting, thinking it would be fun to let some of the underpainting show through the pastels.
  
I had to let the underpainting dry and block the paper, so I couldn't get back to painting it until tonight. I just wanted it to be loose and have fun with the pastels. I think I accomplished my task. I have lots of photos of the hydrangeas to work from so I can always do another painting. Tonight it was just about having fun!


No comments:

Post a Comment