Friday, February 13, 2015

spring is coming soon….

8"x10" pastel on LaCarte

It's so cold outside! I am really looking forward to the spring. I have planted an assortment of shrubs and foliage in my courtyard so that I can enjoy it throughout the seasons. Despite the cold the Lenton Roses are blooming! I took this photo last week, and it reminds me that spring is coming soon!

my reference photo

I really have enjoyed painting on the Sennelier LaCarte paper. The texture is wonderful and it can take a lot of layers of pastel. Normally I would have gone to my safe paper, Uart sanded 500 grit. But I wanted to experiment. I was comfortable using it after doing the animal paintings. I think it worked out great for the lent in roses and will be adding it to my list of favorite papers!

No comments:

Post a Comment