Tuesday, February 3, 2015

goals to be a better painter

12"x16" pastel $100

I really want to grow as a painter. So I have made several goals for myself this year. The first goal is to really challenge myself, to push myself beyond what I have been comfortable with. I want to paint more expressively, to put more of myself into my paintings. I will be working from only my own reference photos and venturing out to paint "plein air"! I would also like to paint on a larger format.  It's time for me to become part of the art community, entering my work in exhibitions and taking more workshops from artists/teachers.
The last 2 days I have been working on this one that I posted, almost twice the size I have been doing. It is from a photo I took at Gibbs Garden last year. The reflection in the water was beautiful. But up until now I was afraid to attempt painting it. I know I have so much more to learn….this year I am putting myself into it completely .

No comments:

Post a Comment