Wednesday, February 11, 2015

painting animals

"kobi" 8"x10" pastel on La Carte

Todays workshop with Karen Margulis was on painting animals. For some reason I was nervous about painting them, I've been so focused on landscapes! I went through my reference photos of birds, thinking I was familiar painting them in watercolors. But I came across some photos of my Siberian Husky, Kobi, and said this would be my subject matter for today! After Karen's demo and talk I was more comfortable. I needed to think of painting like I always do, laying in the basic shapes and values. 

reference photo and drawing
After doing my drawing and picking my palette I  was ready to paint!  We all turned out some great paintings today and it was a lot of fun watching everyone's work progress. Next I will attempt painting my sisters maine coon cats! 

Kobi


No comments:

Post a Comment