Saturday, February 21, 2015

it's a grey day

8"x10" pastel on Pastelmat paper

The weather is cold and grey today. We are expecting rain here in GA. This always makes me moody. I've been sitting in my studio all day, wanting to paint, but not feeling inspired by anything. I need to push myself to paint something! I started looking through my photos and came across some that I recently took on a gloomy day. This one seemed to match my mood somewhat, so I decided to use it.


reference photo along the Chattahoochee River

Finally I had a connection and was able to produce a painting. It was more about making myself paint than trying to turn out a beautiful painting, but I'm happy with the way it turned out. I sure am anxious for the winter to be over with here in GA.

No comments:

Post a Comment