Friday, October 17, 2014

the beginning - feathers first

I finally decided that I wanted to start a blog, a place where I could write about my work. Please bear with me while I start from the beginning and bring you up to current. I've always been interested in art - as far back as I can remember. So when it came time to go to college, I headed for art school and focused on painting. I got my B.F.A. and that's where it stopped. …. I ended up in a retail job for 10 years, got married and raised my two children. Somehow my life did not feel complete - I missed the art. So I decide to get back into it and tried a few avenues (handmade cards, embellished boxes, beaded jewelry making, and mixed media collage). I still didn't feel like I was doing what I really wanted.

in 2011, I met a new friend who was painting in watercolors. Her work was beautiful and really inspired me. So I thought why not pick up my brushes and paints and give it a try. Since I'm nature inspired, I pulled out my feather collection and started painting them in watercolor and pen.



These are just a few of my feather paintings. In some of the photos I have the real feather next to my painted one.
My friends and family were so surprised by what I was doing and encouraged me to keep painting - but I was already hooked and painting every day. Please follow along with me. I will try to get my next post out tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment