Tuesday, October 28, 2014

My sky studies

A good friend of mine suggested that I paint the sky. I put it off, not feeling confident enough to paint it. I had done a pastel workshop on the sky, but still wasn't ready. My pastel instructor had headed off on a cruise and was posting 5"x7" studies of the sky. This size seemed less intimidating to me, so I thought I would give this a try myself. Unfortunately I was not going on a cruise! So I headed outside and observed the sky locally.




Once I got going with it, I really enjoyed painting the sky. I took a lot of photos and did some reading on cloud formation. I didn't spend more than 20 minutes on each of the 5"x7" studies. Now I find myself always looking up at the sky.




 In the end I liked them so much that I decided to frame them all together and hung it in my studio!.  I have digitally scanned and printed giclee copies of all 10 of the sky studies. They will be available for sale at the Whimsical Wares art and gift show November 12-16 at Paper Mill village in Marietta GA.

No comments:

Post a Comment