Saturday, October 18, 2014

in the beginning, part 2…pieces of me

Part 2…...I painted 11 feathers and decided it was time to try something else. Logical move from feathers - birds.
I painted about 50 birds, owls and nests. I'll post a few of my favorites






You can look on my FB art page(Bonnie Morgan Hyde fine art) in the photo albums for all of them. I used reference photos for these paintings from the web and books. I pretty much taught myself how to use the watercolors, studying other artists, books and experimentation. Since I like to draw I also used pen, color pencils and pastels in these paintings. I am fascinated by the eyes of the birds, in particular the owl eyes. So my bird paintings always start out with the eyes. I wanted them to have expression, to speak to you. They spoke to me - and I couldn't part with them - they became "pieces of me".  this is how I refer to all my artwork. I found a place where I could have them all digitally scanned and giclee prints run. And started selling them at a local art show , Whimsical Wares. All my watercolors are scanned and printed. There are about 100 all together. Later I was ready to start parting with some of the original watercolors. You can contact me through my FB art page(Bonnie Morgan Hyde fine art) if you would like to purchase my work(giclees and originals). I also have some of the images on a website for sale as giclee prints - www.fineartmarketplace.com. So please continue to follow me on my journey.  I will try to get another post out tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment