Tuesday, October 21, 2014

Part 8 - feeling free

The workshops with pastel artist, Karen Margulis , are so inspiring to me. I was so caught up with the detail with my watercolors. The pastel seemed to free me. I had to have more pastels…..



 So I bought some more, some soft pastels, some hard and some with pumice. So exciting! I wanted to be more expressive, focus on the color and composition in my work. Karen's workshops focused on landscapes and so did I.




 I still had so much to learn. But what I was really excited about was that I didn't have to give up on the watercolor and oil paint - I could use them as under paintings for the pastel. This was just the beginning. I tried to paint, or draw, or research other artists everyday. I immersed myself into it completely.  Stay tuned…..

No comments:

Post a Comment