Wednesday, October 22, 2014

Part 10 - more landscapes , studies in color and composition

 I spent a lot of time focused on painting landscapes this summer. I worked on color, wanting it to be more expressive. And I wanted good composition . Before I even put the pastel to the paper I would do a sketch in my sketchbook and a value study. I think this really helped me to end up with a better painting.


This last one I am posting is a redo from the same reference photo that I used when I first started with the pastels. I sold that first painting. But I wanted to try it again to see if I could improve on it.
Well, that's it for now. I'm going to take a few days off and heading out and hopefully will come home with some new photos  and fresh thoughts to work on in my studio. 

No comments:

Post a Comment