Friday, March 20, 2015

the pathway back….





"the pathway back" 5"x7" study on  hemp Canson

As artists, we all go through periods when we just are not feeling it. I have been in a funk for the last week or so. I sit and look though my reference photos and nothing seems to inspire me. I even made a recent trip to Gibbs Garden where I am usually inspired. There were literally over 10 million daffodils in bloom.

Gibbs Garden this week

I came home feeling uninspired to paint. I WANT to paint! I NEED to paint. It's a big part of my daily activities. I needed to find a pathway back to my creative side. So I got on the internet and searched for photos that might be an inspiration. That was when it clicked!  "PATHWAY"…… I searched for photos of pathways and found several that I felt I could work with. I know…..not my own photo….but I thought I could challenge myself with color. Spring is here, it excites me and I thought I could make the paintings more expressive of my feelings.

the reference photos

I decided to challenge myself more, with a paper that I am determined to get a good painting on. Canson Mi-Tientes in hemp and moonstone. 

5.5"x5.5" study on moonstone Canson

This was the first one I did and it showed more of the realistic color. The next one I pushed it with the color and working on trying to get the right values.

5.5"x5.5" study on moonstone Canson

I am feeling better now that I am on the pathway back……..








No comments:

Post a Comment