Wednesday, March 25, 2015

a breakthrough…...

"the pathway back 4" 8.5"x8.5" on Canson

I think I may have made a breakthrough on my painting funk. I continued to push myself with painting the pathways. But I wasn't happy with how my paintings were turning out. I would have this image in my head, but just could not get it down on the paper. Thank goodness it is only paper and not terribly expensive! I bought some Canson paper in hemp and moonstone and tried working on these. Frustrated, I thought, what can i do ……. so I just sat down while watching TV and pulled out my sketch book, black pen and some favorite pathway photos(not necessarily my own) and just drew freely, not worrying about how they turned out. It felt good.

the sketch I chose to work from



I used the Canson hemp paper and gave the sketch I chose a try. I tried to relax and think about getting across the image in my head. I came pretty close. The colors and mood made me feel good. So I'm going to continue on my pathway…...

No comments:

Post a Comment