Saturday, March 7, 2015

Part 2 teepee project

teepee #1 14"x14" on Uart 500 paper

My brother in law and his wife finally decided on two plains Indian teepee's from the four studies I showed them.  We decided on a square format, hanging 2 side by side.  After doing the studies and working out the colors, the paintings came together quickly. 

progression shots teepee #1

Here are some progression shots of teepee #1.  I did a dry underpainting with nupastels and brushed it in with foam pipe( a trick Karen Margulis taught me). I had thought that I would add some ochres to sky, to connect it with the ground. But when I got it on there, I decided against it and brushed it out. 

teepee #2 14"x14" on Uart 500 paper

Teepee #2 is my personal favorite. I loved painting in that beautiful sky and tied it in with the teepees.


Here they are side by side. I'm excited to see how they frame them. I do hope they enjoy them.




No comments:

Post a Comment