Saturday, December 27, 2014

still dreaming about that walk in the snow…..

9"x12"  $80

It's pouring rain here in GA, but I'm still dreaming about that walk in the snow. The hustle of Christmas is over and I can spend more time in my studio. I still had some of that Rives printmaking paper that I had coated with clear gesso. It's texture is perfect for snow scenes! 

For my underpainting , I pulled out my Nupastel hard pastels, laying in the darkest values. Then I did an alcohol wash with a paint brush, painting in the evergreen trees, sky, background trees and snow. I just wanted to layer the pastel over the underpainting so it looked like it was snowing!

underpainting

Even though I don't live in a snowy climate now, I still have fond memories of the snow growing up in New England. Let it snow!!!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment