Saturday, December 13, 2014

Painting fruit

5"x5" $25

Busy with the holiday preparations, I have not had time to take new photos of landscapes to paint. I was sitting in my kitchen looking at the pears, pomegranates and apples I had on the counter and thought… why not try painting them. Red is not my favorite color to paint with - so it would be a good challenge for me. I had some white Pastelmat paper that I had toned with yellow ochre oil paint and cut it up into mostly 5"x5" pieces. These would be good for quick studies of the fruit. With the fruit in hand and some reference photos I headed to my studio whenever I had an hour or two of downtime.





These are all 5"x5" $25

I had a good time painting the red fruit and am feeling more comfortable with painting red.

5"x7" $35

approx. 5"x7" $35



No comments:

Post a Comment