Thursday, August 2, 2018

updated bio




I grew up in Connecticut and went to college in the Boston area, attending Chamberlayne Jr. College (Associates Degree - major fine arts) and Mass College of Art and Design, graduating with a B.F.A majoring in painting. My work career has been in floral design, retail sales and management, custom picture framing and I am currently a design associate at Calico Corners (decorator fabrics and custom furniture). After raising two children, I now live in Marietta, GA.

Trained in the fine arts, I had the opportunity to experience many of the fine arts - drawing, painting, printmaking, sculpture, photography and many different mediums. Painting has always been my focus. I started with oils in college, later on working in watercolors and currently working with pastels. What is exciting to me, is that I can combine all three mediums, using watercolor and oil stains as underpainting for the pastels. Nature has always been an inspiration to me, with most of my images coming from nature. I consider my work "pieces of me", as I have an emotional connection to each painting. I focus on spending some portion of each day drawing, painting, taking photos to be used as a reference for my paintings and reading about art.

I am a current associate member of The Southeastern Pastel Society and a current associate  member of The Pastel Society of America and have been juried into several exhibitions. 

I have been selling my paintings at the Whimsical Wares Art and Gift Show, Marietta, GA (2012-2017), Art for the Park (benefit for McFarlane Park), Marietta, GA (2014-2016). the Villery Artists Market (December 2016) and have sold my paintings at the Frame Up II in Marietta, GA.
I also sell my paintings privately. You can follow me on FB at Bonnie Morgan Hyde fine art. You can read more about my work on my blog (bonniemorganhydefineart.blogspot.com), where I write more in depth about my paintings. thecyberartshow.com, curated by Keith Linwood Stover, has featured my paintings. 
You can see my work on my website  - bonniemorganhydefineart.com

Exhibitions

Southeastern Pastel Society
2015 Awesome Art Pastel Show  Juror-Nancy Nowack 
"queen Anne's garden" and "my quiet place"

Southeastern Pastel Society
2016 17th International Juried Exhibition  Juror- Richard McKinley
"asters"

Southeastern Pastel Society
2016 Roswell Visual Arts Center Exhibition  Juror- Marsha Savage
"almost there"

Southeastern Pastel Society
2016 On-line Member Exhibition. Juror- Patsy Lindamond
"path to beach"

Southeastern Pastel Society
2017 Member Exhibition. Juror-Sally Strand
"those cotton fields"

Pastel Society of North Carolina
Pure Color- 2017 International On-line Exhibition  Juror-Lyn Asselta
"Kobi's nest"

Southeastern Pastel Society
2017 Members On-line Exhibition  Juror- Junko Ono Rothwell
"taking my time"
3rd place award

Southeastern Pastel Society
2018 18th International Juried Exhibition  Juror-Dawn Emerson
"Kobi's nest"







1 comment:

  1. your *drawings* are amazing. My niece is currently excited to be learning the technical drawing "basics!" which look like more advanced stuff - the things I zoned out because it *was* so technical, but what is obviously necessary to learn in the beginning, ideally, to produce a good drawing of what you see!

    ReplyDelete