Tuesday, September 1, 2015

"saying good bye to summer"



"saying goodbye to summer" 10"x10" pastel on Uart 500  $80

For the second year I have been asked to do a benefit art and craft show for McFarlane Nature Park! Atlanta Country Club in Marietta GA hosts the show. This spring I painted four paintings ( see "Art for the Park" blog post) for the show and was so excited when one of my paintings showed up on the flyer!

top left is mine

Yesterday we were over at the park for a photo shoot and I thought I should take some more photos. We are at summer's end, the greens are not as brilliant and autumn is not showing her glory yet. But I was able to get a few photos that I could work with.

reference photos

I chose one to start.
reference photo

sketch on pastel paper

I liked the photo, but it needed some adjustments in the composition and I thought it would be better in a square format. I've been having fun with my new box of Schmicke watercolors, working on doing a better underpainting - so I used them for this underpainting.

watercolor underpainting

With a few more adjustments, I completed the painting. I had to tell myself to quit…. it was close to be overworked!  Hoping to get two more paintings completed for the show, which will give me seven!

P.S. if you would like to follow along with me, I have a FB page dedicated to just my art - 
Bonnie Morgan Hyde fine art . Please click "like"



No comments:

Post a Comment