Saturday, September 26, 2015

"I'm in the mood for autumn"



"I'm in the mood for autumn" 6"x12" pastel on Wallis $60

I really get excited when the season's change, in particular summer to autumn. Autumn is my favorite season, the crisp cooler weather and the beautiful colors of the foliage. The foliage is just starting to turn here in GA, but I was anxious to start painting those vibrant autumn colors. So I pulled out some reference photos from the last two years.  It has been raining and a good time to be in my studio.
I'm headed out for a 3 day plein air workshop with Karen Margulis and Marsha Savage in the Blue Ridge mountains next week! These will mostly be field study paintings and I wanted to try out some papers I'm thinking about bringing. I had ordered some Wallis warm Belgium mist paper but have not used it.  I thought the paper color would be good so I would not have to worry about doing an underpainting. 

"it's an autumn day" 6"x12" pastel on Wallis $60

I really loved the way the pastel went on the paper and the paper color showing through was perfect. I have also bought some Girault pastels to bring along in my single sketchbook Heilman box, and have a double sketchbook Heilman box with Plein air  and southeast landscape Terry Ludwig pastels.

single sketchbook with Girault

double sketchbook with Terry Ludwig

Now all I have to do is get my backpack loaded with pastel , papers and tripod. I have only tried plein air painting one time, so I am pretty excited to have 3 days to experience plein air painting with 2 fabulous teachers.

"follow me" 12"x16" pastel on Uart  $125 
For this painting I worked on different mark marking ,using broader strokes.

I will be selling these posted paintings at Art For The Park Oct 1 / Atlanta Country Club and Whimsical Wares Art and Gift show Nov 11-15 ( no location yet). 
As always you can see more of my work at Bonnie Morgan Hyde fine art @ FB

  



No comments:

Post a Comment