Saturday, April 11, 2015

"pathway5…..dreaming"

"pathway5…dreaming" 12"x14" on Canson

This one is for you, Karen Margulis! After reading your recent blog about Canson Mi-Tientes paper, I decided to give this paper another try. I pulled out a 12"x16" piece of moonstone. Still working on my direction with my art, I decided to use another pathway photo that I had done a black pen sketch of.

black pen sketch

I had an image in my head and said to myself, "ok relax and paint what I feel". I started the painting after dinner. By 10:30pm I still was not quite finished. I was able to build up some layers of pastels and was happy with the direction it was going. I decided to stop, let it sit and then looked at it this morning. I liked it's dreamy quality - I dream in vivid colors. How about you? Hence it's title. The only change I made was to crop it to 12"x14". I'm not going to give up on the Canson Mi-Tientes paper. I like the softer feel it gives my paintings. 


No comments:

Post a Comment