Monday, April 6, 2015

more on bird nest painting…..

"nest 4" 9"x12" on La Carte $80

I have been working most of this past weekend on reorganizing my studio to make more room for painting with pastels. I am hooked and needed to move somethings out to make room for my growing collection of pastels.
my studio

I'm fortunate to have a whole room dedicated to my art. But lately this room was getting crowded and left me with a little space to work on my desk. So I decided it was time to move some things out and give them away. I kept what was most important. I am nature inspired and must have about a dozen bird nests in my collections.
some of my nests

I couldn't part with these. The pollen is thick in the air here in GA and my allergies have kicked in! So I was happy to be indoors. Today I decided to pull one of the nests out and set up a still life to paint. I took several photos also , but painted from the actual nest.

several photos of the nest I chose

my set up and painting in progress

I still have some fine tuning to do in my studio and probably need to part with some more, but I made some progress and feel good about working in my studio again.


No comments:

Post a Comment