Wednesday, November 26, 2014

little pieces of me

5"x7" small pastel

After doing a workshop with Karen Margulis on painting mini pastels, I had to have a go at it and have been painting them for the last week. I pulled out my scraps of pastel paper and cut them into 5"x7", 5"x5", 4"x4", and 2.5"x3.5". I thought about what I had learned - keep them SIMPLE! Paint the basic shapes and values and then add some spice.


collages of some on my small pastels

In my recent sales at the Whimsical Wares Art and Gift show, I noticed that I had sold quite a few of the 5"x7' size pastels. This is a great way for the collector to buy a piece of original art at an affordable price. I thought about the framing possibilities - grouping several together, framing them with mats and larger frames to give them more of a presentation, or just sitting them on a tiny easel in a bookcase or on a table.


 I had so much fun painting these little pieces of me. It helped me to loosen up and to look at what's really important in the photo I  used as a reference. I can use these small paintings as studies for larger paintings. I will paint more! They are all available for sale. Please go to my FB art page - Bonnie Morgan Hyde fine art - and look in the photo album marked pastels for more of me work.  You can message me there.

No comments:

Post a Comment