Tuesday, June 23, 2020

Something to be said about commission paintings

20”x16”pastel on Uart 320 toned with Payne’s gray oil stain

Inspiration for me, has always come from the connection to what I SEE, what I FEEL and my grateful feelings for this gift of painting that God has given me. My paintings are all very personal to me - little pieces of me.
When painting a commission, the image that is handed to me to paint is not my connection. I know I have the skills to paint the image - but my goal is for the painting to show an emotional connection. 

“Seasons of life” 18”x12” pastel on toned Uart 320 

24”x18” pastel on Uart 320 toned with alizarin crimson oil stain


These recent commissions have been requested by family or personal friends. Maybe that was the emotional connection I felt - wanting them to enjoy the painting I give them because that image was meaningful in some way to them. 
I guess it is all about “creating connection” and that may be what God has put me on earth to do.



No comments:

Post a Comment